Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sorry for the interruption


July 17, 1955 Sunday - Disneyland opens in Anaheim, California.
July 18, 1921 Monday - Future astronaut and senator John Glenn born
July 18, 1921 Monday - Aaron Beck the founder of cognitive therapy born.
July 19, 1969 Saturday - Mary Jo Kopechne dies at Chappaquiddick.
July 19, 1986 Saturday - Caroline Kennedy weds Edwin Schlossberg
July 19, 1990 Thursday - Nixon library dedicated at Yorba Linda, California
July 19, 2007 Thursday - Dow Jones above 14,000 for first time


In the last post I suggested that there are beliefs that you can change about your ability to remember things. Essentially all you need to do to change a belief that you can't is to replace if with a belief that you can. Every time you think "I don't have a good memory" or "I am a week away from Alzheimer's" you can catch yourself and think a replacement thought, such as " I can remember things when I learn the techniques" or "How do I know what will happen in a week, I could be smarter in a week", with enough practice, you will believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment