Friday, July 15, 2011

Last night at the Trump Plaza

     Last night was an interesting and (pardon the pun) memorable night. I met with another man who was studied at the University of California who has the Highly Superior Autobiographical Memory that I have.  First we amazed the waiter by telling him the day of the week he was born. He was born October 12, 1980. I informed him that it was a Sunday and it was the day that the Philadelphia Phillies defeated the Houston Astros to move on to the World Series. A couple at the table next to us overheard the conversation and asked us if it was the same study that was on 60 Minutes on June 19 which featured Marilu Henner. We informed them that it was and they began asking us dates in their lives.  We were able to tell them the day of the week, weather and news for all dates they asked.
     As the meal continued Sean and I quizzed each other on past weather, geography, and popular music. Sean is 40 year old, in fact it was his birthday, and I am 51. Consequentially he knew the times of all the 80's tunes they were playing. I know more of the 70's. This was the first time I have ever had the opportunity to be entertained by someone who knows all the dates instead of just being the entertainer. We talked about how we have made money at parties entertaining people by telling them about the day they were born, married, or graduated. I brought a copy of my book "Living With A Phenomenal Memory". You can order it on http://www.iuniverse.com/ or on Amazon .com. I convinced the waiter to order a copy for himself and his friend.
     Next week we will get back into learning techniques for improving your memory. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment